VA charges an up-front funding fee that can be financed into your mortgage. This funding fee may be exempt if it is your first time getting a VA mortgage or if you are entitled to receive VA disability compensation.
VA Home Loans are provided by private lenders, including Guild Mortgage and your Senior Mortgage Advisor, Scott Buehler. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) guarantees a portion of the loan, enabling Guild Mortgage to provide you with more favorable terms.
The Benefits & Features of a VA Home Loan
- Finance up to 103% of the purchase price.
- 15-year or 30-year fixed mortgage.
- Purchase or Interest Rate Reduction Refinancing.
- No maximum loan limit subject to qualification.
- No prepayment penalty.
- No down payment required.
- Available to eligible veterans only.
- VA loans are assumable.
- No private mortgage insurance.
- Lower overall closing costs.
More Details About VA Loans
If you qualify for a VA-backed purchase loan, you can use the loan to:
- Buy a single-family home, up to 4 units
- Buy a condo in a VA-approved project
- Buy a home and improve it
- Make changes or add new features to make your home energy efficient
You can also:
- Get a VA-backed home loan to buy your first home.
- Use your VA loan benefit again if you sell or refinance a home you bought with a VA-backed home loan.
- Assume a VA-backed home loan (which means that instead of opening a new mortgage loan, the buyer takes over the seller's loan).
Disclaimer: Loan terms and limits subject to change. This page is meant for educational purposes and is not a commitment to lend. To qualify for a home loan, please speak to Scott Buehler or apply online.