As home prices continue to go up and the need for people to have their dreams homes with a lot of space, there is more need for home loans that exceed the Federal Housing Finance Agency conforming limits, otherwise known as a Jumbo loan.
Also called non-conforming conventional mortgages, Jumbo loans are considered riskier for lenders because these loans can’t be guaranteed by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, meaning the lender is not protected from losses if a borrower defaults. Jumbo loans are typically available with either a fixed interest rate or an adjustable rate, and they come with a variety of terms.
The rules and requirements for Jumbo loans are different than conventional loans.
Important Factors to Consider for Jumbo Loans
Many restrictions apply for this Utah Jumbo loan program. Not all that apply will qualify.
- Maximum financing: 80% LTV up to $1M.
- Maximum financing: 75% LTV up to $1.5M.
- Maximum financing: 70% LTV up to $2M.
- Minimum credit score starts at 660.
- Some second home options available.
- Competitive wholesale interest rates.
- Up-front origination fee required.
- Loans beyond $510,400 for those who qualify.
- 30-year and 15-year fixed available.
- 3/1 ARM available.
Information about Utah & California Jumbo Loans
Scott Buehler works with wholesale lending partners that offers very competitive Jumbo rates throughout Utah and California.
In order to provide these competitive rates through a Veritas Funding broker channel, an up-front origination fee may be required.
Disclaimer: Loan terms and limits subject to change. This page is meant for educational purposes and is not a commitment to lend. To qualify for a home loan, please speak to Scott Buehler or apply online.